I don’t think I have ever met anyone that doesn’t like Oreo Dirt Cups. They are really good! I know the word “dirt” doesn’t sound appetizing but think about what they really are. 🙂 Crushed oreo cookies. Cool Whip. Chocolate pudding. Oh, and gummy worms! Come on! Put all those together and my goodness, you have found the perfect dessert.
Don’t those cups look creepy? I swear I didn’t make them that way intentionally. I noticed after I took the picture that they looked like two creepy faces staring at me.
I’ve been making these dirt cups for years, actually. I don’t make them that often so they are still special and well loved when I do. I decided to make these this year for a family Halloween party.
You can also make these as one large dessert, too. What you do is take a clean and washed terracota pot and line the inside with foil. Keep the foil about an inch or two from the top. Then, double or triple this recipe depending on the size of the pot. Layer the ingredients in the pot just as you would with the individual cups. The only difference is that you place some gummy worms throughout the layers so it’s like real worms in the dirt. Be sure to layer the pudding a little higher than the foil to hide it. That’s it. You could even put some individual fake flowers in it to make it look even more like real dirt. It will definitely be the conversation piece at your next get together.
So, next time you have to bring a dish to an event or maybe just for the holidays, give these a try. They are easy to make, not expensive at all, and will definitely be a hit.
Oreo Dirt Cups
- 1 pkg 3.9oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 15 cookies Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 pkg gummy worms
- Prep! Gather all ingredients and measure anything needed.
- In a large bowl, mix the chocolate pudding mix and milk with a whisk for approximately 2 minutes.
- Set aside for five minutes.
- After the five minutes have passed, stir in the Cool Whip and 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs.
- Place about a tablespoon of the crushed Oreos into the bottom of each cup. Then, scoop about 2 tablespoons of pudding and continue to layer alternating between cookies and pudding ending with the cookies on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When serving, place some gummy worms gently into the dirt cup so they look like they are coming out of the dirt. Super cute!
Have you made these before? If so, how do you make yours?