These M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies are the bomb! You will swear you bought them from a bakery. They are soft, chewy, with crispy edges and loaded with chocolate. These cookies are perfect any time.
I have to say that I have always loved chocolate chip cookies. There is just something about the way they look, smell, and of course, taste. It’s definitely one of my comfort foods. I mean how can a warm, chocolate chip cookie not cheer you up. If you look back over the years, can you count on two hands how many times you’ve had chocolate chip cookies? I bet you need more hands. 😉
Now, take that same cheerful, delectable chocolate chip cookie and add some of its M&M friends. Now, you’ve got a party. No tears here. Just one of those moments when you bite into the cookie and just want to be left alone to savor the experience. 🙂
You can really change this M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe up, too. If you choose, you can use M&M minis. Personally, I prefer the regular size because I like to be able to see the M&M’s and enjoy that extra chocolate taste. Same goes for the chocolate chips. You could choose mini, but I prefer the regular size. You just can’t go wrong with more chocolate.
Whatever you decide, just make them your own. Maybe add some nuts, candy pieces, or crumbled cookies. The sky’s the limit.
How do you like your chocolate chip cookies? If you make these, please share below. I’d love to know how they turned out.
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- Prep! Gather and measure all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and butter. Cream until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla. Mix well until combined making sure to stop and scrape the sides.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add those dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1/2 of the M&M's. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop dough balls approximately 2 tbsp in size and place 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Gently press 3 – 4 more M&M's on the top of the cookies but be careful not to change the round shape.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.