Yum, right? I know French Toast is probably not the healthiest thing to eat for breakfast but everything in moderation I say. I haven’t had French Toast in years and recently decided to make it. It was fantastic!
This is something I will usually order from a restaurant but it’s actually really super easy to make at home.
Bread (thick bread is best such as Texas toast)
If you have all of the above ingredients, this is how you make it. I used this
Prep! Gather all ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
Lightly butter a griddle and heat over medium high heat.
Dunk the bread into the egg mixture, soaking both sides of the bread. Lift out of the mixture allowing the excess batter to drip off.
Place into a hot skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
If you’ve never made French toast before, try it. It’s so darn easy to make and tastes so darn good!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 slices of thick bread
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, or more if desired
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Prep! Gather all ingredients.
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Make sure the bowl is wide enough to lay the bread slices flat.
- Over medium high heat, lightly melt the butter.
- Place each slice of bread into the egg mixture flipping to coat both sides. Do not let the bread sit too long in the mixture so that it gets soggy. Just place in the mixture, wait about five seconds and flip to the other side.
- Transfer the coated slices to preheated skillet and cook until golden brown. Watch them carefully because they can go from golden brown to burnt quickly.