Yes, you read that right. No need to blink again a few times to clear your vision or clean your glasses. (haha) You read Snickerdoodle. Snickerdoodle bars for that matter. Do you remember those cookies?
I think the last time I had Snickerdoodle cookies was in high school. LONG time ago. (haha) But, to this day they are still so memorable. I came across this recipe for Snickerdoodle bars and just had to make them. Oh boy, was I glad I did.
These taste exactly how I remember them and since they are in a bar form, they are thicker, and you get so much more of that Snickerdoodle taste in each bite.
- Butter (I used unsalted)
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- cream of tartar
- baking soda
Those ingredients are probably in your house right now so what are you waiting for. Here’s how to make them.
Prep! Gather and measure all ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
In a standing mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract mixing well and scraping down the sides.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to form a dough.
Press the dough into the greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Use your fingertips to press and create an evenly distributed layer.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press the edges on the sides down to make the entire pan even. Use a spatula because it will be hot.
That’s all there is too it. Fast and easy. I really think once you make these you won’t want to go back to the cookie version again. These are like Snickerdoodle brownies. 😉
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prep! Gather and measure all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease with cooking spray a 13 x 9-inch pan. You could also line with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well and scrape the bowl to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to create a dough.
- Press the dough into the greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Use your fingers to lightly press the dough until it's evenly distributed on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately push down the sides with a spatula so they are even with the center. (This just makes the bars more even)