Try saying that three times fast. Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies. Sigh. Definitely a tongue twister but your tongue will be happy when you put one of these cookies in your mouth. They are really a mix and drop cookie so fast and easy to make.
I found this recipe in a book that I bought many years ago and completely forgot that I had. When my kids were younger, their schools would have Scholastic Book Fairs. I bought this book at one of those fairs. It’s called Toll House Nestle Cookies and it has recipes in it from Drop Cookies to Bar Cookies to Brownies. It’s a great resource to have. I was organizing some of my kitchen cabinets and came across this book. I will definitely be using this a lot. 😉
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- butter or margarine (I used unsalted butter)
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (any brand)
- chopped peanuts
Really these are just your basic cookie ingredients. Here’s how to make them.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter in a large bowl until creamy.
Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chip morsels and peanuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft.
Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes and then remove on to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Prep! Gather and measure all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and peanuts.
- Drop by a rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten into a 2-inch circle.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes before removing cookies on to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you’re looking for more cookie recipes, try this one. 🙂
- Cowboy Cookies (Cowboy Cookies – Winey Whisk)
- M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies (M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – Winey Whisk)
- Christmas Cutout Cookies (Christmas Cutout Cookies – Winey Whisk)
Comment if you make these. 🙂